The events and programs coordinator is responsible for organizing, mobilizing and/or coordinating the staff, event participants, officials, and administrators for the successful execution of an event. He/she will be the person who takes care of or oversees all ramifications of event production.
- Work with people effectively, especially in seemingly difficult circumstances.
- In charge of developing an event management plan which is required for the coordination and training of persons that are needed in the organization/planning and execution of any event.
- Stands in as a representative of the event at hand when dealing with outside bodies which may include the sponsors of the event and media platforms that would like to cover the proceedings of the event.
- Developing policies that would serve as a guideline for the proper execution of the event.
- Provide educational staff with annual training to review updates and changes in education programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor the progress of the planning and execution of each task that has to do with the event.
- Have a clear understanding of what the event is all about from the host.
- Serve as a link between the event and external bodies.
- Provide recruitment and training/coaching for the organizing committee for the purpose of an event.
- Develops general event management policies.
- Supervises the production process of an event.
- Make sure that staff and work personnel at the event adhere to the management. policies that were put in place to minimize hiccups during the event.
- Responsible for overseeing the development, coordination, implementation, and evaluation of all educational programs.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Great interpersonal abilities.
- Always possess good leadership qualities.
- Must have good organizational, analytical, and coordinating abilities.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Be creative and able to prioritize tasks in the face of many challenges.
- A degree in any hospitality-related field and/or some of the following certification.
- Certification in virtual event and meeting management.
- Digital event strategist certification.
- Exhibition management certification.
- A minimum of 2 years working experience in event management/planning/directing.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at a time.
- This is a 15 hour per week position (Part time: $20.00 per hour)
- Wednesday through Friday 11:00 am to 4:00 pm (occasional weekends)
Interested candidates should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.